Originally posted from The Blog (Source)
Introducing Conquest – Test the latest in RIFT PvP on Thursday, 5/17
Three faction PvP and the essence of open world combat will soon storm upon the shores of the Public Test Shard!
Welcome to Conquest – choose your side and square off in a no-holds-barred, interdimensional battle royal on Thursday, 5/17 @ 4:00PM PDT (11:00PM GMT). This is the first massive test of this brand new feature!
Conquest at a Glance
- Engage in massive, cross-shard battles capturing the excitement of Open World PvP at its best!
- Align with one of three new factions, the biggest difference is their philosophy. (You will be able to change factions.)
- Earn rewards and bonuses for your team – or supercharge yourself with bonuses that can be used outside of Conquest!
- Everyone can contribute – crafters play a vital role in every Conquest battle.
- This is a brand new feature, details and specifics will likely change based on your feedback and play tests. For the latest info keep an eye on the PTS Forums!
Three Factions From Beyond the Ward
As the Bloodstorm’s onslaught continues to weaken the Ward an ageless feud has breached the divide between worlds and now embattles our own!
Beyond the Ward stretch infinite versions of Telara – each with their own fate and heroes and from the void between them three factions have formed. Their conflict is concerned not with the Vigil or technology, it is to answer one basic question:
What is the role of the Ascended in the cosmos?
To rule, to protect, or continue to ascend.
You must choose your path, Ascended: Are you a Ram, guarding the flock under your iron grip? Do you protect your pride, your virtue gold as the Lion’s mane, keeping the helpless from harm? Or do you soar like a Raven into the twilight – cleansing all corruption in your wake across the universe, whatever the cost?
Conquest – Capturing the Essence of Open World PvP
Not all Telaras were created equal – and some slivers of our world may control the fate of all.
This is a game about domination. Set in the windworn foothills of Stillmoor, the familiar landscape has been transformed with control points and sourcestone powered fortifications as Ascended banners billow under the blood-red sun.
- Pitted against two additional competing teams you must wrest control of as many Sourcestone Extractors as possible while preventing your opponents from doing the same.
- These control points open access to buffs and resources to your team which provide a wide variety of benefits in addition to unlocking additional buffs and abilities you earn by contributing to your factions cause.
- You won’t find gated doors in Conquest – your battle is on the field, not in a cozy castle! However, Caer Mathos (cleansed of its Endless occupants) now holds strategic importance for all three forces.
- The match ends when a single team has claimed 40% of the control points or 5,000 players are killed – once this happens a 10 minute timer will start, this is your chance to make a last grab for control – after which you’ll earn your rewards!
- Conquest offers yet another way to augment your gameplay and characters and there’s something for everyone. Even crafters play a vital role by refining the battlefield resources into upgrades and even more perks – you’ll find new recipes available at your crafting trainer!
Follow the source link above for full information on the different factions.