In a recent MMORPG.com podcast interview with Amanda “Amary” Fry and Victoria “FireCait” Voss at Trion Worlds, our very own Kiwi Dream asked some great questions and found out a few interesting tidbits about ArcheAge. Not all of this information is new, but some is. Here are the highlights of what we found out:
- The queues are improving, and Trion’s being cautious about adding new servers due to ArcheAge‘s population needs.
- The factions on each server are being kept close watch on as far as population balances go (since they can be turned off to help encourage natural re-balance).
- Server transfers are being looked at, but Trion anticipates that server transfers won’t be as popular in AA as they are in RIFT, for example, due to AA‘s focus on land/farm permanence. No hint as to whether transfers will be free or paid at the moment.
- Auroria will be released before Patch 1.7. Trion’s looking to release the zone within the next couple of weeks– not months. They will announce the exact date ASAP since this allows guilds/players to prepare to storm the castle so to speak. The release time will be region-specific.
- Patch 1.7 is currently being translated. No ETA.
- In regards to players being scammed by other players for APEX/gold, Trion recommends that players simply approach trading in AA as they would in real life. They caution players to be careful, trade with trusted players, use a third party to help trade, or split the trade into multiple parts. For the most part, scamming and similar player activities are largely left up the players to police themselves. Trion will offer support in cases of player harassment, etc., but overall there’s only so much the team can do in ArcheAge as opposed to a more closed, world-compressed game like RIFT.
- In regards to the recent complaints about the comparative value between the founder’s packs and the starter packs, Trion is of the opinion that the two types of packs are comparative in value. The Alpha/Beta/Head Start access is what made the founder’s packs valuable, of course, although this value is hard to place in monetary terms.
- Players who are currently without land or would like a better plot may find that the opening of Auroria frees up quite a bit of land as well as offers them 4 new zones to grab land from.